Midwest Family Care is a rapidly growing organization with a twenty-two-year history in Dane County. With more than $2.8 million in annual revenue, we continue to redefine the homecare and long-term care industry here in Wisconsin.
We are seeking a self-motivated Accounting Intern to help develop and manage the financial health and processes of our organization. This position is a dream opportunity for a results-oriented student with experience in accounting and/or corporate finance.
Our internship is intended to expose a college student to the long-term healthcare care industry through work that is both relevant and impactful to our current initiatives.
The ideal candidate will seek to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy and collaborative environment. If you take pride in your work, and you are high-performing this is the position for you.
As a leading provider of in-home healthcare services in South Central Wisconsin, we distinguish ourselves through our commitment to quality and integrity in our business practices, our unique appreciation for the contributions made by our team members, and the one-on-one relationships we develop with everyone we serve.
As an accounting intern, you will assist in the financial planning, processing and analysis to improve the financial performance of the company. You could potentially support the organization in several of the following ways:
- General accounting; assisting in accounts payable; you’ll gain exposure to SAP general ledger applications
- Project accounting; assisting in activities related to project review, reporting, and depreciation forecasting
- Reviewing and analyzing key account profitability and developing recommendations to improve profitability
- Developing, analyzing, and preparing reporting capabilities to support strategic initiatives
- Participating in an audit designed to determine the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting
- Assisting and/or managing our annual budget cycle, and forecasting and analyzing financial results
- Miscellaneous ad hoc reporting requests
- End-of-internship stipend
- Practical, direct experience with multiple facets of our organization’s business
- An opportunity to present your recommendations and findings to company leadership.For more information, contact email@example.com