At Midwest Family Care, we are constantly concerned with the employee and with the customer experience. Happy, engaged employees are our best ambassadors, and customers can tell when people like […]
Youth Services Specialist
Midwest Family Care is looking for new talent to work as a Youth Support Specialist (YSS). This part-time or full-time position provides in-home support for youth with severe emotional disturbances, challenging behaviors, mental health disorders, autism, and/or other developmental disabilities.
The YSS assists in the goal of maintaining in-home placement with family or with an alternative community placement.
A position as a YSS with Midwest Family Care is a perfect opportunity to receive valuable experience working with teens in-need, to help teens succeed at home, in school and in the community, and to become great young adults without the need for a out-of-home placement.
We make a difference in the lives of our youth, and YOU could be a part of our team! We have part time and full time openings.
Youth Support Services Intensive Support and Collaborative Care duties include but are not limited to:
- Mentor and role-modeling
- Assisting with and teaching personal cares and independent living skills
- Following a treatment/behavior support plan
- Providing opportunities to participate in the community
- Completing paperwork
- Household duties
The qualified Youth Support Worker is fair, effective, and concerned for the well-being of youth in their care while being a valuable member of the families support team. The successful Youth Support Worker also has:
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and insurance
- High school diploma required (some college or a college degree preferred)
- Certified Child or Youth Care Worker a plus
- Experience working with children or with adolescents
- Experience working with developmental disabilities, Autism, mental health, and/or challenging behaviors
- Ability to work within a team approach
- Conflict-management skills
- A personality that is nurturing, energetic, patient, and persistent
- Ability to work under challenging conditions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organization and time-management skills
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid training
- Weekly pay
- Shift differentials
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance available
- Flexible scheduling
- Strong support team
- Opportunity for career growth
Youth Services Support and Midwest Family Care
Midwest Family Care provides a range of services for youth and families in the areas of respite, support, supervision, and care management. Our services are delivered in partnership with families, social services, and other health care and social service professionals in the community.
This program provides intensive supervision and support for dually diagnosed youth, youth with system involvement, and youth demonstrating potentially life-threatening patterns of behaviors (such as intense self-injurious behaviors and eloping).
At Midwest Family Care, we place the emphasis on the compressive wrap-around support services designed to keep youth in their community—avoiding the need for inpatient hospitalization, repeated short-term crisis interventions, and out-of-county or state placement.
Ideally, our program allows participants to maintain stability in their living situations while accessing treatment-like support in a safe environment.
To apply, fill out the Midwest Family Care Administrative Career Application
Have any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org